Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Island Life.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Coron, Palawan. One of the best places in the world is located in the Philippines. Yes, the country that has the world class beaches and finest white powdery sands. The country I can proudly say my homeland. 
The first time I went here was about a year ago. I spent my birthday here last year and instantly fell in love with this surreal place. From then on, I knew it wasn't the last time I was going to visit Coron. I knew I had to come back. And so I did, a year later.












Two Piece: SM Hat: Surplus Bangles: F21











Above photo is the Malcapuya Island. This is the second time I've been here.  Fine white sand, crystal blue waters, coconut trees, and rock formations. It is practically a virgin island. It only has tents and a few cottages where people can rest and lounge in. One restroom and shower for the whole island. You can do ride the "bangka" (boat) and do fish feeding or snorkel and watch fishes feed on seaweed. The heat is heightened here so it is important to bring a lot of water. There's no electricity throughout the day so be prepared iPods, cellphones, and speakers. Make sure they're fully charged! They only have electricity from 6pm to 12mn powered by a generator. There's barely any network here, so expect a quiet, peaceful beach life. Just enjoying every bit of what's around you. In fact, I see foreigners (solo) who stay here for days doing some soul searching and finding a quiet, peaceful getaway for themselves. No distractions.





Back area of the island where the boat docks.











Dress: The Ramp




 







Pass Island. Very similar to Malcapuya Island. Probably a mini version of it. Not more than 100 meters wide I'd say. Everything else is the same. This is probably more intimate since it's smaller and less people visit. I think this island is perfect for a few nights stay. 











Kayangan Lake. Profound beauty indeed. The photo above is the view from climbing at least 100 steep steps made of limestone to get to the Kayangan Lake. It is an enclosed lake that is mostly 100% fresh water. Another breathtaking attraction.


This is what you will reach after climbing those steps. Definitely worth it.














Twin Lagoon. You can either climb the ladder or swim under those rocks to get to the lagoon. But of course, the best way to do it? Swim underwater when it's high tide! Never got on those ladders, not worth it. lol. 


Visit Coron and you will never regret anything. There's more to it than what you see here. Live. Experience. Have fun.





Found Nemo. :)

xo, 

Louise 


No comments:

Post a Comment